Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is the use of oxygen in a pressurized chamber. This allows the patient to breathe at a higher atmospheric pressure, resulting in a more effective delivery of oxygen to the body, jump starting our natural healing mechanisms and causing a broad range of positive cellular, physiological and biochemical effects. This non-invasive therapy is the most trusted way to increase oxygen levels to all organs of the body.
Benefits of HBOT:
- Provides the fuel needed by the brain to function properly
- Elevates the body's natural immune defenses to fight infection and bacteria.
- Promotes accelerated and enhanced injury recovery by increasing oxygen levels in the tissues.
- Decreases post-operative inflammation and infection.
- Reduces swelling that may occur around injured or damaged areas.
- Stimulates new blood vessel growth and increased blood flow.
- Aids in the treatment of chronic disease and maximizes the benefits of other modalities.
- Is an adjunctive therapy in sports medicine to accelerate recovery for athletes.